Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SO MUCH TO LEARN

The beauty of nursing is the constant learning and teaching. It never gets old. Whether it's equipment or clinical, something can be gained everyday. My favorite, I think hilarious though the Resident probably won't, is when the Resident came to me full of excitement that he had found a 16Fr coude catheter,
but it wasn't, it was a 28Fr three way irrigation catheterFinally the correct catheter was found, and the Resident told me he has never placed a coude before, but needs to. Unfortunately the patient heard him say this, so he lost his chance. Darn! Fortunately a competent male nurse was available for the procedure.

There are many differences between working back home and working at a big Trauma I teaching hospital. I am following the advice of previous travelers,
"Take it all in, ask a lot of questions and stay on your toes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment